Sixty thousand websites deemed to host pornographic content have been shut down by the government since December 2009. The National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications also said some 1.6 million websites had been checked. The office revealed many of the offending websites were discovered through informants. Five hundred and sixteen informers have been rewarded with USD 79,000 since the crackdown started.
NEWS
China: 60,000 porn sites closed in crackdown
Sixty thousand websites deemed to host pornographic content have been shut down by the government since December 2009. The National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications also said some 1.6 million websites had been checked. The office revealed many of the offending websites were discovered through informants. Five hundred and sixteen informers have been rewarded […]
24 Nov 10
READ MORE
-
USA urged to protect press freedom and keep journalists safe after order to gut United States Agency for Global Media
The US President has signed an order calling for the USAGM to be “eliminated to the maximum extent consistent with applicable law"
-
The extraordinary decency of Athol Fugard
Filmmaker and actor Gavin Hood reflects on his relationship with the late South African novelist, playwright and director, who has died aged 92.
-
The end of impunity for Rodrigo Duterte
Justice has finally caught up with the former Philippines president
-
Rights groups call for Apple’s closed appeal against the Home Office’s encryption-breaching order to be opened to the public
Representatives of rights groups have written to the President of the Investigatory Powers Tribunal to call for Apple's case to be made public